- B.Tech in Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 2013
- M.Engg. in Civil Engineering (Concrete Technology), The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2017
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Construction Management and Infrastructure Systems), The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2020
- Senior Business Analyst, June 2013-January 2015, Fractal Analytics, Gurgaon, India
- Research Associate, Capacity Building and Training, June 2019 – March 2020, Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- Visiting Assistant Professor, IIT Madras, August 2020 onwards
- Safety Management for construction and railway
- Public Private Partnerships
- Infrastructure Operations, Management and Policy
- Bugalia, N., Maemura, Y., and Ozawa, K., “Organizational and institutional factors affecting High-Speed Rail safety in Japan,” Safety Science, August 2020, 128, 104762. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2020.104762
- Bugalia, N., Maemura, Y., and Ozawa, K., “Demand risk management of private High-Speed Rail operators: A review of experiences in Japan and Taiwan,” Transport Policy, 2019. Available Online. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tranpol.2019.12.004
- Bugalia, N., and Maekawa, K, “Time-Dependent Capacity of Large Scale Deep Beams under Sustained Loads,” Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, vol. 15, 2017, pp. 314-327. https://doi.org/10.3151/jact.15.314
Important Conference Proceedings
- Bugalia, N., Maemura, Y., and Ozawa, K., “Safety Culture in High-Speed Railways and the Importance of Top Management Decisions,” Conference on Spillover Effects of High-Speed Rail and Quality of Life, ADBI, Tokyo, November 14-15, 2018. Thereafter published as Asian Development Bank Institute Working Paper Series, Working Paper No. 955, 2019. https://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3512286
- Bugalia, N., Maemura, Y., and Ozawa, K., “Top Management Decisions and Safety Culture,” in Handbook on High-Speed Rail and Quality of Life. Asian Development Bank Institute, Mar 2020.
- Kumamoto, Y., and Bugalia, N., “Safety and Reliability,” in Handbook on High-Speed Rail and Quality of Life. Asian Development Bank Institute, Mar 2020.
- Mukoyama, M., and Bugalia, N., “Salient features of Human Resources Development,” in Handbook on High-Speed Rail and Quality of Life. Asian Development Bank Institute, Mar 2020.
Research and Consultancy