- 1992-1995 PhD, Civil Eng., Univ. of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- 1990-1992 MS, Structural Eng., IIT Madras
- 1986-1990 BTECH, Civil Eng., IIT Madras
- 2013-present: Professor, Associate Professor, IIT Madras
- 2006-2013: Assistant professor, Dept. of building, NUS.
- 2005: Visiting associate professor, IIT Madras.
- 1997-2005: Post doctoral fellow, Fonctionnaire scientifique, chargee de cours (Lecturer), EPFL, Switzerland
- 1996-1997 Senior Systems Analyst, Infosys Technologies, Bangalore
Computer aided engineering
Building automation and control
Sustainable and Green Buildings
Research & Consultancy
- Automated assembly of modular building structures, Funded by DST, 2016-present.
- 3D Printing and Construction Automation for Affordable Housing, Funded by DST IMPRINT, 2019-present.
- Condition assessment of railway bridges, 2019-present.
- Solar Protection for Residences and Public Spaces, 2019-present.
- Building Automation Laboratory at IIT Madras, 2013-2015.
- Performance evaluation of day lighting devices, Funded by CEFIPRA and SGRI, 2013-2015.
- BCA Zero Energy Building, 2007. Collaborator in the research project that involved the construction of a zero energy building at the BCA Academy, Singapore.
- Future Cities Laboratory in collaboration with ETH Zurich and EPFL, Switzerland.
- Integrated Control of Indoor Environment Quality, NUS Research Project, 2006-2010. Developed a methodology for the control of indoor environment using multi-objective optimization of several performance criteria.
Current research students
- Archana A.P. (PHD)
- Aparna Harichandran (PHD)
- Sundararaman S (PHD)
- Amit Prakash (MS)
Courses teaching at IIT Madras
CAD in Civil Engineering
Smart Buildings and Automation
Construction Software Lab
Building Services Lab
- Machine learning in Civil Engineering