- Ph.D. I I T Kanpur, 2011
- M.Tech. I I T Kanpur, 2003
- B.Tech, Nagarjuna University, 2001
- Diploma in Civil Engineering, APSBTET, 1996
- Assistant Professor, I I T Madras, Aug 2012 – present
- Project Senior Research Assistant, I I T Kanpur, Jan 2010 – Mar 2010
- Senior Project Fellow, I I T Kanpur, Oct 2008 – Mar 2009
- DAAD Fellow, Karlsruhe Inst. of Tech., Germany, Jun 2006 – Sep 2007
- Lecturer, College of Science and Technology, Bhutan, Mar 2003 – Jul 2004
- Project Assistant, I I T Kanpur, Aug 2002 – Dec 2002
- Experimental Hydraulics & Sediment Transport
Chandra, V., Mohapatra, P. K., and Nestmann, F. (2012). “Effect of flow depth, ions and salinity on suspended sediment concentration.” J. Hydraulic. Engg. ASCE, Vol. 138. n. 4. pp: 348 – 352.
Chandra, V., Mohapatra, P. K., Hillebrand, G., and Nestmann, F. (2010). “Effect of salinity on suspended cohesive sediments.” J. Int. Review of Civil Engg. Vol. 1. n. 4. pp: 307 – 315.
Chandra, V., and Mohapatra, P. K. (2010). “Predicting the evolution of suspended sediment concentration using artificial neural network.” The Ninth International Conference on Hydro-Science and Engineering, IAHR, ICHE – 2010, IIT Madras, pp: 1662 – 1670.
Chandra, V., Gangadharaiah, T., and Mohapatra, P. K. (2010). “Interference effect of two closely spaced piers on local scour.” Proceedings of 10th Asian Symposium on Visualization, SRM University, Chennai, India.
- “Investigating the behavior of suspended cohesive sediments in an annular flume”, (Grant of Rs. 20 Lakhs), Centre for IC & SR, IIT Madras.
Association with Consultancy Projects
- “Hydraulic model studies for river training works on the Ghagra River near Kamarighat”, World Bank project sponsored by PCC Services, Luckmow, India
- “Physical modeling of Ghagra River for the selection of bridge site near Behraich”, World Bank project sponsored by the DHV Consultants, Lucknow, India
- “Physical modeling of Sharda River for the selection of bridge site near Lakhimpur”, Sponsored by the DHV Consultants, Lucknow, India
- “River Training works for bridge over River Ghagra near Chahlarighat”, World Bank project sponsored by U.P. State Jal Nigam.
- R. Sivakumar, PhD Student, working on “Cohesive Sediment Transport”
- W.Ananth, MS Student, working on “River Confluence with Mobile Bed”
- Ranjith K.B. MTech Student, “Experimental Study to Control Sedimentation in Intake Canal”
- Swapnil R.K, MTech Student, “Local Scour Around Different Shaped Bridge Piers”
- CE2040: Hydraulic Engineering
- CE5560 Hydraulic Modelling
- CE4030 Hydraulic and Environmental Engg Laboratory
- CE5490 Hydraulic Engineering Laboratory