- Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Geotechnical), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2018
- M.E., Civil Engineering (Geotechnical), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2010
- B.E., Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, 2008
- Assistant Professor, Dept. Civil Engineering, IIT, Madras – Aug, 2018 to Present
- Research Associate, Dept. Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore – Aug, 2017 to July 2018
- Ph.D. Research Scholar, Dept. Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore – Aug,2012 to July,2017
- Assistant Professor, Dept. Civil Engineering, BITM, Santiniketan – Jan, 2012 to Jul, 2012
- Senior Lecturer, Dept. Civil Engineering, ICFAI University, Tripura- Aug,2010- Dec,2011.
- Wave Propagation in Elastic Media
- Bender Element Test
- Site Response Analysis
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Naskar, T., and Kumar, J., 2019. A Faster Scheme to Generate Multimodal Dispersion Plots for Rayleigh Wave Propagation. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 177, 280-287. Impact Factor -578(2018)
- Kumar, J., and Naskar, T., 2017. Resolving phase wrapping by using sliding transform for generation of dispersion curves. Geophysics, 82 (3), 127-136. Impact Factor -2.793(2018)
- Kumar, J., and Naskar, T., 2017. A fast and accurate method to compute dispersion spectra for layered media using a modified Kausel-Roёsset stiffness matrix approach. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 92, 176-182. Impact Factor -2.578(2018)
- Naskar, T., and Kumar, J., 2017. Predominant modes for Rayleigh wave propagation using the dynamic stiffness matrix approach. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 14(5), 1032-1041. Impact Factor -1.441
- Kumar, J.,and Naskar, T., 2015. Effects of site stiffness and source to receiver distance on surface wave tests׳ Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 77, 71-82. Impact Factor -2.578(2018)
- Kumar, J., and Naskar, T., 2012. Vertical uplift capacity of a group of two coaxial anchors in a general c–ϕ soil. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 49(3), 367-373. 5 Year Impact Factor -3.128
Research and Consultancy
|A Novel Approach to Determine the Accurate Shear Wave Velocity Profile for an Irregularity Dispersive Soil Strata||28,000,00||22/01/20
|Effect of Inclinations of Different Layers on Dispersion Graph||5,000,00||04/08/18
- Under graduate course taught at IITM
- CE 3330 – Computer Methods in Civil Engineering
- Post graduate course taught at IITM
- CE 5310 – Advanced Soil Mechanics
KEY RESEARCH HIGHLIGHTS
- Developed a new variant of Fourier transform called “Sliding Transform” to deal with the unwrapping of phase difference between two sensors.
- Developed a 3D multimodal dispersion graph (MASW) software.
- Incorporated the exact contribution of elastic half space without any buffer layers while determining the dispersion plots based on forward analysis.