Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA – Ph. D. in Transportation Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering – 2004
Department of Civil Engineering,Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India from June 2006, Assistant Professor in the Transportation Engineering Division
Texas Transportation Institute,Texas A&M University System, College Station, Texas, USA Jan 2000– May 2004,Graduate Research Assistant in Translink Research Group.
- Anuj sharma, Lelitha Vanajakshi, Nageswara Rao, ‘Effect of timers at signalized intersections under heterogeneous traffic conditions’, Journal of the Transportation Research Record 2130, pp. 93-100, 2009.
Lelitha Vanajakshi, Subramanian, S. C., and Sivanandan, R., “Travel time prediction under heterogeneous traffic conditions using GPS data from buses”, IET Journal on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 3 (1), pp. 1-9, 2009.
- Lelitha Vanajakshi, Billy M. Williams, Laurence R. Rilett, “An Improved Flow-Based Travel Time Estimation Method from Point Detector Data for freeways”, ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Vol. 135(1), pp. 26-36, 2009.
- Ameena Salim, Lelitha Vanajakshi and Shankar Subramanian, ‘Estimation of Average Space Headway under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 6-10, 2010.
- Padmanaban, R.P.S., Divakar, Lelitha Vanajakshi And Subramanian, S.C., AN Automated Real Time Bus Arrival Time Prediction System Incorporating Delays, IET Journal on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 189–200, 2010.
- Vasantha Kumar, Lelitha Vanajakshi And Subramanian, S.C., Application of Location Based Data for Traffic State Estimation on Urban Arterial under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2239, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, D.C., pp. 16–22, 2011.
- Girish, V. V., Asha Anand, and Lelitha Vanajakshi, Effect Of Countdown Timers On Red Light Violations Under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions, Journal of Institution of Engineers, Vol. 92, 2011.
- Sheik Mohammed Ali S., Boby George, Lelitha Vanajakshi and Jayashankar V., A Multiple Inductive Loop Vehicle Detection System for Heterogeneous and Lane-less Traffic, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement,99, 1 – 8, 2011.
- Anuj Sharma, Lelitha Vanajakshi, Girish V, Harshitha M.S., Impact Of Signal Timing Information On Safety And Efficiency Of Signalized Intersections, Journal of Transportation Engineering, 138(4), 467–478 doi:10.1061/(ASCE)TE.1943-5436.0000343, 2012.
- Ameena Padiath, Lelitha Vanajakshi and Shankar C. Subramanian, Spatial Traffic State Estimation using Location Based Traffic Data under Heterogeneous Conditions, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Issue Number: 2291, 12-3860, pp. 72 – 79, 2012.
- Harshitha M. S., Sonu Agarwal, Lelitha Vanajakshi, Headway Analysis At Signalised Intersections – With And Without Countdown Timer, Highway Research Journal, Indian Roads Congress, 5 (1), pp 33-40, 2012.
- Vasantha Kumar, Lelitha Vanajakshi, Bus Travel Time Pattern Identification and Prediction, Transport, (Institution of Civil Engineers UK), Issue TR1, Pages 1–10 http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/tran.12.00001, 2012.
- S. P. Anusha, R. A. Anand and Lelitha Vanajakshi, Data Fusion Based Hybrid Approach for the Estimation of Urban Arterial Travel Time, Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 587913, doi:10.1155/2012/587913, 2012.
- Ajitha Thankappan, Lelitha Vanajakshi and Shankar C. Subramanian, A Multi-Class Non-Continuum Traffic Flow Model for Congestion Analysis, International Journal of Engineering Studies, Vol. 4, No. 3, 207-229, 2012.
- Ajitha Thankappan, Lelitha Vanajakshi, A traffic Stream Model for Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions , Transport (Institution of Civil Engineers UK), 166, Issue TR1, 1–8 http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/tran.12.00038, 2013.
Details of major sponsored research projects:
Lelitha Vanajakshi, ITS applications under mixed traffic conditions using video data, IIT Madras, 2006 -2009.
Lelitha Vanajakshi, Estimation and Prediction of traffic parameters under mixed traffic conditions for ITS applications, DST, 2007 – 2010.
Centre of Excellence in Urban Transport at IIT Madras, Ministry of Urban Development, 2009 – 2012 (Co-PI).
Advanced Traveler Information Systems for Indian Cities, Ministry of Information Technology, 2009 – 2012 (Co-PI).
Current/Past M.S. thesis guidance:
- Ameena Padiath
- Asha Anand
- Sheik Mohammed Ali
- Sathish Kumar
- Anil Kumar
- Shrikanth Fulari
Current/Past Ph.D. thesis guidance:
- Traffic engineering and Management
- Traffic flow theory
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Traffic Engineering II
- Traffic Engineering Laboratory
Indo-U.S. Workshop On Recent Advances In Transportation Engineering, January 10 – 12, 2007, Organising Committee member.
Indo-US Workshop on ‘Emerging Trends in Intelligent Transportation Systems’, February 11-13, 2010, Principal coordinator.
Short Term Training Program on ITS from Sept 19 – 24, 2011.
Organising committee member of the national conference on urban mobility- challenges, solutions and prospects, Chennai, India, July 2012.
Organising committee member of the national conference on urban mobility India – Research symposium, Delhi, India, December 2012.
Guest Editor for the Special Issue on Advanced Traffic and Transportation Systems (2013) of the International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics (Springer).
Program committee member, 2nd Conference of Transportation Research Group of India, Agra, December 2013.