Ph. D. in Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, 1999
M. E. in Transportation Engineering, REC Tiruchirappalli, 1993
A.M.I.E. in Civil Engineering, The Institution of Engineers (India), 1987
Diploma in Civil Engineering, 1984
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, USA, 1999-2004
- Afcons-Pauling JV, Highway construction, 1988-92
- Larsen & Toubro, Railway electrification, 1984-87
Pavement Engineering; Material Characterization; Stress Analysis
- Divya, P. S., Gideon, C. S. and J. Murali Krishnan, “Influence of the Type of Binder and Crumb Rubber on the Creep and Recovery of Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen”, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 25(4), 438–449, 2013.
- Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan, P. K. Jain and J. Murali Krishnan, “A Re-look at the asphalt mixture performance test protocols and computational algorithms”, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 41(5), 729–744, 2013,
- A. Padmarekha, Kanmani Chockalingam, Abhijit P. Deshpande, U. Saravanan and J. Murali Krishnan,“Large Amplitude Oscillatory Shear of Asphalt – Experiments and Constitutive Model”, Road Materials and Pavement Design, 14(S1), 12–24, 2013.
- A. Padmarekha and J. Murali Krishnan, “Viscoelastic Transition of Aged and Unaged Asphalt”, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 25(12), 1852–1863, 2013.
- N. K. Rajan, V. Selvavathi, B. Sairam and J. Murali Krishnan, “Relationship between Gaestel Index and Rheology of Blended Bitumen”, International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology, In Press, 2013.
- S. Anjan Kumar, U. Saravanan, J. Murali Krishnan and A. Veeraragavan, “Rheological Characterization of Modified Binders at Mixing and Compaction Temperatures”, International Journal of Pavement Engineering, In Press, 2013.
- Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan and J. Murali Krishnan “Infuence of Confinement Pressure and Air Voids on the Repeated Creep and Recovery of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures”, International Journal of Pavement Engineering, In Press, 2013.
- Neethu Roy, A. Veeraragavan and J. Murali Krishnan “Interpretation of Flow Number Test Data for Asphalt Mixtures”, Proceedings of ICE – Transport, In Press, 2013.
- Investigation on the Performance Grade Properties of Bitumen Processed at CPCL, Chennai and Development of Warrants for Modification, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Rs. 2163000.00, April 2007 – May 2009, Completed
- Up gradation of IS73:2006 Indian Standard Paving Bitumen Specification, Bureau of Indian Standards, Rs. 1346250.00, (With Dr. A. Veeraragavan as the co-principal investigator), April 2010 – March 2011, Completed
- Evaluation of the performance of the bituminous mixtures using modified binders, Total Bitumen India Private Limited, Rs. 1700000.00 (With Dr. A. Veeraragavan as co-principal investigator), January 2011 – October 2012, Completed
- Assessment of the laboratory performance of specialty modified binders, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Rs. 2450000.00 (With Dr. A. Veeraragavan as co-principal investigator), January 2011 – December 2012, Completed
- Development of Warrants for the use of Modified Binders in Pavement Design, Department of Science and Technology, Rs. 17766400.00, (With Dr. A. Veeraragavan as principal investigator), August 2012 – July 2015, Ongoing
- Venkaiah Chowdary, Healing of Asphalt Mixtures, 2008, (Co-guide – Dr. V. R. Rengaraju)
- N. K. Rajan, Rheology and Chemistry of Blended Bitumen, 2010 (Co-guide- Dr. Karthik K. Srinivasan)
- A. Padmarekha, Experimental Investigation and Constitutive Modeling of Asphalt Transitions, 2012
- Ahmed K. Asif, Pavement Granular Material Characterization, 2013 (Co-guide – Dr. R. G. Robinson)
- Neethu Roy, Rutting of Asphalt Mixtures, 2013, (Co-guide- Dr. A. Veeraragavan)
- Anil Venkata Nag, Viscometric Studies of Straight-run Bitumen, 2008(Co-guide – Dr. Abhijit P. Deshpande)
- Divya P. S., Influence of the Type of Binder and Crumb Rubber on the Creep and Recovery of Crumb Rubber Modified Bitumen, 2011
- Reashma P. S., Development of Master Curves for Binder Processed in India, 2012 (Co-guide- Dr. A. Veeraragavan)
- Nivitha M. R., Chemistry and Rheology of Asphalt Binders, From January 2012
- Lakshmi Roja, Mechanical Characterization of Foamed Asphalt Mixes, From June 2012
- S. Deepa, Mechanical Characterization of Asphalt Mixtures using Bending and Axial Compression, From July 2013 (Co-guide- Dr. U. Saravanan)
- Selvakumar N. C., Viscoelastic stress analysis of bituminous pavements, From July 2011 (Co-guide- Dr. U. Saravanan)
- Sparsha N., Pavement granular material characterization, From July 2012 (Co-guide – Dr. R. G. Robinson)
CE3010 Transportation Engineering – I
CE3410 Construction Materials Laboratory
CE5013 Asphalt Technology
CE5850 Pavement Materials and Evaluation Laboratory
CE5800 Pavement Analysis and Design
CE7620 Rheology of Civil Engineering Materials